White Paper Lantern (craft store)
Red Acrylic Paint
Black Acrylic Paint
Paint Brush or Sponge
Hot Glue Gun + Glue
Yellow Foam Sheet
Black Foam Sheet
1. Assemble the lantern.
2. Paint the top half of the lantern black and allow to dry for several hours.
3. Paint the bottom half of the lantern red and allow to dry for several hours.
4. Cut two oval buttons out of the yellow foam sheet and glue on.
5. Cut two ears from the black foam sheet. My ears were 2.5 inches.
6. Cut two slits in each ear as shown in the diagram below.
7. Fold the middle ear tab forward and the two outside ear tabs backwards away from the rest of the ear as shown in the diagram below.
Click here to check out photos of these lanterns in action and all of my crafts from the Mickey Mouse party. Don’t you just love theme parties?